Thursday, April 18, 2013

The deadly tree,

This is what happens when you try to take down a tree like an idiot.
I'm not calling anyone an idiot. 
The whole idea was dumb, although I was enjoying it at the beginning.

All of the brothers and my father gathered outside, it was that one day when it was raining and the wind was blowing. It reminded me of the day in wizard of oz without the tornado. Ok not that bad, but I was wearing a puffy coat. It was winter like, in April no less. 
I got a little bored and walked inside. I was cold. 
My niece came inside and asked why grandpa was laying on the road. 
My first thought oh, he must be tired. Nice thought Kimberly, haha. Not.
She then proceeded to tell me that people were gathering around him. He was hurt.
I walked to the door with some speed. saw him laying in the road. 
I asked if he was okay, I was answered with a no. 
I ran toward him. Like I was going to miraculously heal him. I have magic powers.
I stood by him. He had a rag on his head. He lifted his head, blood ran like a waterfall. There was a puddle of red. His forehead was mush. His bone was factured and showing. 
The c clamp that was supposed to pull down the branch had detached and came hurling toward Dads head. Estimated at freight train speed. 
He didn't want to go to the hospital. I yelled at him that he was. 
He wanted to look at it. We took him to the bathroom he conceded when he saw the mess of his head. 
He went in for surgery today and got titanium plate in his forehead, his nose, and his eyebrow. 
I almost cried when I saw him. He looked normal. As normal as he could get.

No comments: